本研究採用問卷調查法來進行資料的蒐集，研究工具為「臺南女中學生課後參與運動及阻礙因素之探討正式問卷」，針對臺南女中學生進行分層隨機抽樣，每個年級隨機抽樣120份問卷，研究樣本360人，收回有效問卷353份。資料以描述性統計、因素分析、獨立樣本 t 檢定、單因子變異數分析等統計方法進行統計分析。歸納研究發現，本研究獲得以下結論：
This research is to explore the obstacle of exercising for students in National Tainan Girls Senior High School and analyze the difference participating motivation and obstacle reasons for students from various backgrounds.
This research uses questionnaire to collect data. The researching tool is called “The official questionnaire of the participating in sports after school and its obstacle reasons to do so for the students in National Tainan Girls Senior High School”. We had 120 stratified random sampling questionnaire for students in National Tainan Girls Senior High School. We collected 353 questionnaire of total research samples 360. The data is statistically analyzed based on descriptive statistics, factor analysis, t-test and one-way ANOVA. After induction research, we obtain the following conclusions.
1. In the option of “if you attend a exercise oriented school club”, people who don’t takes the majority. 292 people in total, 82%. In the option of “if you attend academic cram school after school”, people who do takes the majority, which is 251 people in total, 71%; In the option of “numbers of doing exercise”, 0 time takes the majority, which is 79 people, 22.4%. The second most is 2 times, 73 people, rate is 20.7%.
2. The top three motivation of doing exercise after school are “to increase cardiorespiratory capacity”, “to release stress” and “to get a nice body curve”. The top three obstacle to do exercise after school are “too many users at the sports filed”, “lazy” and “school finishes too late”.
3. The factor analysis result shows that the motivations are induced as the following five factors: “self-realization”, “outer environment”, “health and social relationship”, “appearance improvement” and “self-conscience”. The obstacles are induced as the following five factors: “external structure”, “individual internals”, “peer socialization and location”, “aesthetic”, “time limitation”.
4. The t-test result shows that there’s a significant difference on the aspect of if one participates sport oriented school club, effected by “self-realization” and “self-conscience”. However, it doesn’t have a significant difference on the variable of if one attends academic cram school after school.
5. The result of analysis of variance shows that the factors as “self-realization”, “external environment” and “self-realization” all have significant difference. As for times of exercising per week, “self-realization”, and “health and social relationship” all have a significant difference.